- This event has passed.
10 Things I Learned from My Cat
Asheville, NC 28805 United States
Pre-Register & Make Life Easier
Suggested Price: $10-20 per person or name your price. No one turned away for lack of funds.
Invitation: 10 Things I Learned from My Cat
- It’s OK to communicate my wants and needs.
- When bad things happen, like being accidentally locked in the garage, I don’t need to freak out or grumble. I can just make the best of things, perhaps looking for interesting animals, until someone opens the door.
- When a part of me says my cat loves me and another part says she’s just using me for food and chin scratches, I get to choose which one to believe.
- Worrying about what people think of me is optional.
- Worrying about the future is optional.
- Thinking is optional.
- Eating something that dropped on the ground won’t kill me.
- I can catch up on sleep during the day if I want.
- I don’t need to be ashamed about bodily functions.
- Always keep breathing.
- It’s OK if I don’t know how to count to 10.
Many of these lessons can be practiced on the dance floor.
You can hear some of Ted’s mixes at https://www.mixcloud.com/tarisk/.
1st WAVE, 8:30 am warm-up & 9:00 am dance
2nd WAVE,10:30 am warm-up & 11:00 am dance – childcare is available
Attendees Limit 150
Door will close at the beginning of opening circle.
NO ENTRY AFTER OPENING CIRCLE BOTH WAVES
AMC is now a mask optional space and you are encouraged to make informed choices about the risks in participating in this dance event
Please respect each other’s choices.
Physical distancing is encouraged.
Please no alcohol, weapons, tobacco, or shaming!
Honor your needs and take care of yourself. Respect individual and energetic boundaries of whatever distance other folks need – check in and seek consent!
If you have symptoms in the 5 days before the event, please stay home and take care of yourself, and come to the next one! Let us know.
Please email with any questions or concerns.